Google analytics

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You Make My Heart Sing

In my humble opinion there truly is nothing better than being a mom. You gotta love the endless kisses, toothless grins, and bedtime snuggles. One of my favorite things about being a mom though, would have to be the constant giggles, both theirs and mine. My youngest DD in particular has always kept us laughing. Take last night for instance. Every night before bed she wants 3 things to think about. Not so bad, you might be thinking, but try coming up with 3 new things EVERY SINGLE night. It forces us to get creative once in a while. So last night DH is giving her 3 things to think about and one of them is driving a garbage truck LOL. Her reply is, "that would not be my occupation of choice." The funniest thing about her vocabulary is that she has no idea how funny some of this stuff is coming out of an 8 year old's mouth. She is a hoot!
.
I have a card to share today too. One of my favorite color combinations lately has been yellow, teal and red. Just love how vibrant and fun they look together. I created that cute little bird using one of the Lollipop flowers from Prima. Just love how he turned out.
.

.
I am off to our last day of Bible study for the school year. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is awesome! Love that you used a lollipop flower look for the bird's body! That rocks!

Lisa Dickinson said...

Don't you love it when kiddos use vocabulary words that just don't fit their age? Crack me up! But I have to agree, it wouldn't be my occupation of choice, either! ;) Love your card - the way you used that flower is genius!

Anonymous said...

Your DD sounds so cute! And very smart!

The card rocks girl!! Love the lolllipop bird!!! So creative!

Terri Davenport said...

Don't you love what kids come up with? That is a cool card! (and if you submitted it to PC, I'm glad I had a chance to see it before they snatch it up.)

Michele Kovack said...

What a clever use of the lollipop flower! So cute!

Casey Wright said...

I love being a mom too - it's just so rewarding! Love your card - that bird is just adorable!

ellen s. said...

how stinkin' ca-ute is that!?!?!?!

Audrey Pettit said...

What an adorable card, Lisa!! How clever of you to create that bird from the flower. I love it! Love his music notes, too. How fabulous!
Thanks for sharing your funny story, too. Kiddos are the best!

Sherry Wright said...

Your card is adorable & oh so clever! And how fun is your daughter, they do say the funniest things sometimes. Have a great weekend. :)

Jennifer Beason said...

This is too CUTE!!!