Google analytics

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5th graders, gotta love em

Morning everyone!
.
Been busy helping out at school and going to a bunch of different programs that the girls have been doing. Yesterday was the 5th grade talent show and open house. I have to say, there are some seriously talented kids in that class. I am going to be sad when K goes on to 6th grade. This is a really neat group. They are sweet, funny and treat each other with respect (largely part to their amazing teacher).
.
I didn't get any pictures of the talent show since K wanted me to video her, but I did get a few during the open house afterward. Here is K with a few of her girlfriends.
.

.
K and the two girls on either side of her did a gymnastics routine for the talent show. The other idea they came up with was for the whole class to do the Cha-Cha slide at the end of the show. The idea was a huge hit with her classmates but sadly they ran out of time. So the kids decided to do it at the end of the open house. Got this picture of a few of them dancing. Looks like fun doesn't it?
.

.
Last night after swim practice we were taking one of K's friends home and as we came around the corner we saw 6 deer right up near the road. It is not all that uncommon to see deer around here, but they usually take off when you get too close. I still had my camera in the car and got some great pictures. This guy was only a few feet from us.
.

.
Last but not least, I can't leave without sharing a project. I created this gift bag and card using a fabulous sketch that Anabelle created for Emma's last week. You can see the sketch and supply list on the Emma's Paperie blog along with all the other wonderful sketch projects.
.

.
Got lots to do before this weekend. We get to go the Indy 500 with some friends. This will be my first time going. DH's parents are coming to visit and watch the girls for us. Hope you have some great plans for this weekend as well! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Fun pics! And I LOVE your gift bag and card! :) Have a great day!

Linda Beeson said...

Your project is wonderful, such soft colors.

Stacey said...

Your pictures in the classroom were great! How do you get such good lighting? Did you use a flash? My friend and I do the yearbooks for our elem. and middle school, and it's so hard to get such well light pictures in the classroom. I'd love any tips you have!

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures!! Love the deer! Have fun this weekend at the Indy!!!! I'n taking a much needed 4 day weekend :-) LOVE the card and bag, just so beautiful!!!! Hugs!! Char

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful card and bag! Pictures are wonderful--what kind of camera do you use?

Casey Wright said...

Love those projects and what fun pics!