Google analytics

Monday, December 19, 2011

Time to Breathe

Happy Monday everyone!

Ahhh...that is the sound of me exhaled. LOL  I finally feel like I can finally breathe.  This last week has been a busy one for K (which also means her mama).  Several months ago, she decided to try out for the school play. The play was High School Musical and she has always loved that movie and the music.  She didn't want a big part, just one of the ensemble parts.  And so, she has been practicing after school several days a week for the last couple of months to play the part of one of the "skater dudes".  Both sets of grandparents were able to come see her.  (sorry for the bad photos, we were 40 minutes early and still had to sit quite a ways back). 



 K has been taking piano lessons since September and had her first piano recital on Thursday night. (more bad lighting. Sorry.)


On top of this, she had finals this week.  Three of the tests were on Friday and three more today.  So far she has done well.  I am hoping today goes as well as Friday.  She seemed very confident this morning as I dropped her off.

Keeping with giving you ideas for fast and easy Christmas gift wrap ideas, I have one more to share with you today.

We had a gorgeous photo inspiration at Emma's this week.  I am a sucker for pink red and white together.  :)

Here are my projects I made based on this wonderful photo. You can find the supplies here.



Have you tried these Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares?  Oh man, they are heavenly!!!

I will probably not have a chance to post again before Christmas so I want to wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas.  I hope you get to spend time with those that you love.  Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

can't ever go wrong with ghiradelli chocolate. and fun photos.

Connie Mercer said...

these are so cute!! favorite chocalate!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I love these toppers, Lisa! I haven't tried the peppermint squares but we love the other flavors so this is a must try. Thanks for the enabling. LOL!

Linda Beeson said...

I made a batch of ice cream with those goodies in it! YUM! What an adorable gift.

Izzy Anderson said...

Adorable photos and I love your treat toppers. Super cute.

Christa said...

Yum-the chocolate is delicious and even cuter in those great bags!!

Patty O'Malley said...

I love high school plays. My son was on the stage crew and also appeared in a couple of the plays. Enjoyed your photos. Love the packaging. I agree--those peppermint bark squares are wonderful! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Wonderful idea! The toppers are great!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Adorable photos and love love love those treat bags!! Sooooooooooooo CUTE!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, you always make my head spin with all the activities you guys manage to do! Makes me feel like a slug. ;) Love, love, love that your girls grab life and get involved. They really seem like they have fun, and that is the best thing of all.
Love your fabulous little treat bag. I've always been such a sucker for treats in a cello bag, and I love the fun topper you made. Red and pink are one of my favorite holiday combos. Really love that sweet snowman, too.
Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas, Lisa!

Sherry Wright said...

Oh yum, loved this project.. as always. :) What a fun but busy week, your daughter looks so beautiful sitting at the piano. Wishing you, dh, and your beautiful girls a Happy Holiday & year ahead my friend. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas, Lisa! May your day be merry and bright!