Google analytics

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Back Home

Happy Tuesday everyone!

We headed home to Wisconsin to visit my parents for Christmas this year. There were so many things to get ready and pack in the car.  
  • Piles and Piles and Piles of Presents-check
  • Suitcases-check
  • Enough car stuff to keep the girls busy for 5 weeks-check
  • Camera-check
  • Memory Card for Camera-NO!!!

I could have cried.  I had it in my camera but had to take some photos of my projects and forgot my card in the computer.  Luckily my brilliant 12 year old decided to bring her camera.  A few of the photos are kind of grainy but so glad to have them.  

We got to spend Friday night with some of our closest college friends and their boys.  We always have such a great time with both of them and we need to make sure that we don't let so much time pass before seeing them again.  I realized while we were together how much I have missed both of them.  Their twin boys are absolutely the best kids.  It has been several years since I saw them and they are just as sweet as the last time we saw them.  




Dinner ended and we weren't ready to say good-bye.  We asked one of the waitresses for a suggestion on a place we could take the kids in Fond Du Lac and she suggested a bowling alley just down the road.  Perfect!



L loved how slippery the bowling alley was in her bowling shoes so she proceeded to spin and spin and spin around the bowling alley.  It looked like so much fun, Jim decided to give it a try.  LOL


Christmas Eve has always meant getting together with my dad's side of the family.  Since we have such a big family they have started getting together in a hall close to many of my uncles and aunts.  Santa made an appearance early in the evening.

He even had gifts for some of the cousins including moi.  He told me I had to smile for the pictures so everyone would have blackmail photos. haha.  I figured I would post it first. LOL

Now today I get to put everything away and get some laundry done but first I have a layout to share with you.  Did this layout before we left last week.  Believe it or not, this was a Christmas gift for my girls from their grandparents last year.  They got certificates to take a hot air balloon ride this last summer.Cool huh?  

I used some of the great Trendsetter papers from Webster's Pages for this layout and the cool hot air balloon was a Webster's Pages digi element.   Love being able to just print and use those any time I want!

I downloaded some goodies from Pink Paislee as well.  The Snow Day kit was WAY too adorable to pass up.  I created my new blog header using the kit and can't wait to create some projects with it in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a safe and happy New Years!!!

9 comments:

Jody said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time :) Merry Belated Christmas, Lisa!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Looks like fun! Glad you had a great trip!

April D said...

Super cute layout and I would have freaked out if I had forgotten my sd card too!!

Pamela said...

Oh no!! I hate it when I do things like that! Glad you were still able to get some fun pictures! Sounds like you've had some great moments!! Love your layout (and what a cool gift!).

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So glad that she had her camera with her! I loveeeeeee the photos and love love love love the lo!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Terri Davenport said...

Glad you had a great time and hooray for your daughter and her camera! (I've done that more often than I can count; lately I've been working with two memory cards. One is always in my camera and one in the card reader and I just switch them out. So far, it's been working well.) Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Patty O'Malley said...

So glad there was a backup camera! Wonderful photos and such a cute layout!

Gina Lideros said...

Hi Lisa,
love the trendsetter papers. Looks like you had a great holiday.

Coach Ky said...

I noticed how none of the comments were about Jim's mad dancing skillz on the bowling alley

We are coming to Indy the 27th to th 29th. Maybe we can hook up.