Google analytics

Friday, December 9, 2011

The Sounds of Christmas

Because my children were not busy enough, they have both decided that they want to learn an instrument.  K has started piano and will have a recital next week.  L started playing flute through school and they had their band concert last night.  The great news is that the flute players sit in the front row so I could actually get some pictures! Ha!


Two of L's closest friends are also in band so we had to make sure that we got some pictures with them also. I really enjoy L's friends, this one is such a sweetie!  


And when these two are together they make me laugh so hard I am crying.  Their flute wars show they created one afternoon (when they were supposed to be practicing) had me rolling on the floor!

As promised, I have another gift bag idea.  This one is super simple and easy to put together.  The great thing about these kind of gift bags, is that they take little time but add a bit of extra care to the gift you are giving.  


Supplies:
Kraft gift bag
Season's Greetings paper by Echo Park
Lost & Found Christmas tags
Red Polka Dot paper
Cardstock
Twine

Have a great weekend everyone!  Check back on Monday for another gift wrap idea.

10 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, you guys sure do keep busy! All the sports and now you all have added music! That's awesome! Love the photos of L's band concert. Totally loving her red and green nail polish, too, by the way.
Your gift bag is totally adorable, Lisa! I so agree that a few added touches really make a wrapping seem so much more special. I absolutely adore that paper. Really lovely gift bag!
Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!

Margie Higuchi said...

Great pictures!! LOL on the nail polish so appropriate for the occasion! Love this collection and who doesn't need a quickie gift bag, right? Have a great weekend :)

Connie Mercer said...

How cool is that~I was in the band ~drums and twirler. Good for them, You will enjoy it too!!!:):):) Love the gift bag idea!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Great photos --- I am hoping Brookie will want to play an instrument someday! I love love love that bag! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Love the photos!! And it cracks me up that you're excited about her playing the flute so she's in a good seat for photo ops. I'd totally think, that too! Love the gift bag. You're right, they do totally make a difference. (LOVE your Christmas card, BTW! The photo is gorgeous.)

BabyBokChoy said...

Perfect gift bag if you ask me because I can't stomach a highly decorated bag be given away, lol. Your photos are so good!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Wonderful photos! Love the gift bag!

Anonymous said...

Amazing I want just a tad of their energy :-) You have some very well rounded girls Lisa!! I love the poictures, they make me smile !!!

Love the adorable gift bag!!

Murphy's Law said...

looks like everyone had fun.I too use brown paper wrapping. love it. and whipped cream is da bomb.

cristina said...

Your ideas in gift wrapping are so helpful. Thanks for sharing.