Google analytics

Monday, March 16, 2009

Another Monday Morning

Hi everyone,

I am definitely going to have to crank up the music this morning if I am going to get anything done. The time change has be a little slow in the morning.

How was your weekend? Mine was quite enjoyable. My mother-in-law came to visit. Friday night we went out to dinner with DH's new boss and his boss that he is leaving and their wives. It was very nice to meet his new boss and his wife. They are very nice people and I know why DH is looking forward to working for him. As for is old boss, I have always enjoyed spending time with them. They are incredibly nice people, as well. Saturday we took my MIL to our new house and showed her around. I have some pictures I will share with you in just a bit. Sunday, L had her final meet with this gym, which just turned out to be the state meet. She obviously was not quite herself yet, not that I expect her to have a spectacular meet every time, but she was so tired. She kept yawning and laying down while she was waiting for her turn. She had almost 12 hours of sleep the night before and a great breakfast so I can only guess that is was still this bug in her. There was some amazing talent there and we are very proud of the 7th place medal she got in vault (her favorite event) :)

I did want to show you a few pictures from our new house. One of my absolute favorite parts of this house is the gorgeous kitchen. I am a sucker for cherry cabinets.


This beautiful area is right off the kitchen. The windows face the backyard where we have a tree line behind our house. Nothing fabulous in the winter but I KNOW is am going to LOVE it come spring.


This is the living room. We plan on using this area as a formal living area since the basement will be finished by closing and we will use that space as a casual living room.


This is the master, also facing that gorgeous backyard.
The master bath is gorgeous too, even though the picture doesn't show it that well. Love that tile around the tub. We are definitely going to have to do something about that window over the tub though. People DO NOT want to see me in that bathroom. LOL

This is the loft upstairs. I will have my scraproom in one of the bedrooms and use this area for my computer. I like the idea of having an open area for the computer. This way once the girls start using the computer more, we can keep an eye on the sites they are visiting.


So that is our new home. I am just in love with it. I can't wait to put my stuff in there.

I hope your week is peaceful and full of everything that is good. May God bless you today.

Hugs,
Lisa

8 comments:

milkcan said...

It's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Linda Beeson said...

Wow it's wonderful! I am sorta jealous although in reality I sure don't want to try to move! LOVE the idea of finding something new you love!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, what a beautiful house! Is the master on the first floor? I love your kitchens. And the windows are amazing! Here in PA, most do not like a lot of windows. But we have about 50 windows in the new house, and I love it. Is your family room 2 stories? That is how ours is. I can't wait to see how you decorate it. Congratulations to your daughter on her meet! And that's great that your husband has a great boss. Most people aren't that lucky. Thanks for showing us the beautiful photos!!

vtpuggirl said...

I love, love your new house! Wow! Um, can I have one just like it?

Stacey Michaud said...

Wow! Gorgeous amazing house! I too love that kitchen! You must be so excited!

Anonymous said...

Your new home is absolutely gorgeous!
Enjoy all the new memories to come!

Anonymous said...

Your new house is just gorgeous, my dear!!!! I love each of the rooms you have shown, & I can't wait to see your own personal touch on your place!!!

Kim Faucher said...

oh LIsa.. your home is just gorgeous! I love it!such a great place.. I would never leave! lol