1. Start with wide ribbon, a strip of cardstock or pattern paper. If you are using paper, get the paper slightly wet. If the paper is too wet it will tear.
2. Cut a circle out of coordinating cardstock that is slightly smaller than the flower you plan to create.
3. Place a small dab of hot glue in the center of the circle and attach one end of the ribbon.
4. Moving in a circular pattern, wrap the ribbon around the center of the circle, continuing to twist the ribbon as you wind.
5. Use hot glue gun to tack down parts of the ribbon as you go.
6. Once your flower is the desired size, tuck the loose end under the flower and hot glue the end.
7. Add pearl, button or rhinestone to the center of the flower and you are done.