Google analytics

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Proud of our Service Men and Women

It was a pretty busy day yesterday so I didn't get a chance to blog but I wanted to take this time to thank all of the men and women who serve our country. Having a brother who serves in the Army has made me aware of how very lucky we are to have all of them watching out for us.
After spending some quality time with our new dentist, (just kidding, she is great!) I stopped by the school to watch their Veteran's Day program. I will tell you what, there is nothing sweeter than listening to 400+ kids singing America the Beautiful. It really puts it all into perspective. Makes me realize that this is what all the defending our country is all about. They are our hope and our future. *sigh* it was just awesome. :)

.
I do have two cards I would like to share with you today also. The first was a card I did for Magistical Memories. I covered one of the Chunky hearts with white paint and glitter (sorry for the poor picture, it really sparkles quite nicely). The background of the card is actually a doily that my MIL gave me. Lots of other goodies on here too. Love that watering can and tape measure from the Cut and Paste set by K & Company.

.

I used to love paper piecing when it first came out. Some of my earlier scrapbook pages are proof of that. I swear the paper piecing was far bigger than any pictures on the page. LOL Decided to do a little paper piecing on this card too.



I hope you are enjoying your week. Hang in there, the weekend is almost here. :) Have a fabulous day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you --- give your brother my thanks too!

Love the cards - especially that lil lawn mower

Jennifer Davis said...

Lovely cards and lovely post (minus the time spent with the dentist lol!). =)

Jen Martakis said...

ugh...the dentist. yuck. lol

Your cards are beautiful. Love your lawn mower. :)

Lisa said...

I received several touching emails yesterday that reminded me of what I have to be thankful for and of those who give me the greatest gift..the gift of their service to our country. I can just imagine the children's voices...I would have been in tears with chills running up my spine.

Love your cards! Great job paper piecing!

Anonymous said...

My son was in the Army. I'm glad he's out know...but I so appreciate every man and woman who protects us :-). I would have loved to hear the kids sing..There's something special about kids singing always makes me cry!

Dentist? Allergic lol!!!!

Absolutely Wonderful cards!!!!

Have a wonderful day :-) Hugs, Char

Unknown said...

Way cute cards. I love the button wheels! All the men in my family are Veterans. I always get choked up when I hear those songs.

Tracey Taylor said...

That little lawn mower is just the cutest.

Audrey Pettit said...

Hey, congrats on the publication! Noticed you were missing a card, there. ;) Love the combo of goodies on the other card. Sooooo pretty!