Google analytics

Monday, December 15, 2008

Drizzle, Drizzle, Drip, Slip

It is so slick and nasty out right now. I am actually suprised the girls had school. It is 28 degrees and raining and sleeting. Yuck!

It is quite happy and sunny here by my computer though! I got my copy of the February issue of Craft N' Things magazine this weekend. And there along side the editors is my picture as one of the featured artists for the month. Wahoooooo! I was so excited when Dawn asked me if I would be interested. Um.....yah! :) So if you happen across the February issue of this fabulous magazine make sure to take a peek.


Another great reason to be happy is that I get to share my Lime Tart projects with you today. I am sad to say this is my last month with Lime Tart and Odd Bird Stamps. I have enjoyed working with them. In honor of the chance to design for these two great companies I would like to give away a RAK. I have two Odd Bird Stamps to give away. If you would like a chance at these two stamps just leave me a comment telling me your favorite Christmas memory.

Now onto the projects. We got the yummiest stuff in the kit this month. I love all the Little Yellow Bicycle papers. They are so pretty. There were also some other fun goodies in this kit as well.
I just loved the chipboard tree. It is a little hard to see but I painted it cream and covered it with glitter so it sparkles. :) Love me some sparkles. I used my new favorite punch from Martha to make the edges around the gift box covers. I made the tag by cutting a small strip of the die cut paper from Little Yellow Bicycle and then using rub-ons for the sentiment.


Hope you have wonderful week and are able to enjoy the peace of the season instead of the hustle and bustle that we usually create for ourselves.

15 comments:

Hilary Kanwischer said...

What a sweet little gift box! You are fabulous my dear....and did I see 28 degrees??? It's going to be 80 here today, let's trade for a week or too, or for the whole winter!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

I thought I'd stop by today and see what's up in Dorseyland. We have ice here, too, north of Indy. Let's hope it's not too bad. I enjoy looking at your projects. You do such great work.

Godelieve said...

What a cute little stack!! I saw it in Lime Tart's gallery, it's so pretty!

Anonymous said...

love that little package lisa - it's divine! also saw your snow page in this month's BHG while I was reading it last night - congrats :)

Pamela said...

Beautiful project! You do great work.

My favorite Christmas memory is from when I was a teenager. My sister and me have had a lot of issues, but that night (Christmas eve) we were getting along great. At 4am we decided we were going to blare "Who needs sleep" by Barenaked Ladies because we were ready for Christmas morning. We made everyone very upset, but it was a bonding thing for me and my sis. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Love your stack of gift boxes, Lisa! They are so pretty. The punched edge makes them look so fancy, and I love that tag and chipboard tree. Fabulous!
Think we're having a high of 71 today. Tiny bit of sprinkles. Yuck on that 28.

Anonymous said...

Well, bit YUK on the weather! We are having a ton of rain but we sure don't get that cold!! LOVING that tree - what a cute thing and I love that Martha Stewart punch too.

Susan Beth said...

My favorite Christmas memory is probably more a combination of many Christmas gatherings at my Grandparent's home in the mountains, with snow on the ground, the smell of oak logs burning in the fire stove, fresh mountain air outside and lots and lots of love to go around.

Jennifer Davis said...

I absolutely love your project and congrats on the magazine feature! I'll have to check it out for sure!

Becky Garrison said...

I have so many great Christmas memories, but probably the best was about 3-4 years ago. Hubby made me open and read my card before I opened one particular gift, and he'd written a sweet message inside, ending with "I finally found something that sparkles as much as you do, open the box". I opened the box, and inside was a gorgeous diamond ring, much more than we could afford, but he'd found it and didn't get it, couldn't quit thinking about it, and went back to buy the ring later. Obviously I love the ring, but I love the card, what it said, and that he loves me that much, even more! Merry Christmas! Becky G.

D's Paper Studio said...

It's beautiful.

One of my favorite memories is when dad took me ice skating for the first time at Christmas. He was so good, and I was so goofy. But I loved the time with my dad.

Summer Fullerton said...

The tree is really neat Lisa and i really love the scalloped edge to the boxes ... xo xo xo

vtpuggirl said...

Love that punch on there, beautiful project! Congrats on the publication!

Jenn said...

COngrats on being the featured artist for that mag and your boxes are way cute!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being the featured artist - that's awesome!! And brrrr...it sure is cold where you are. It's only going to reach the low 40s here today which is super cold for us. And I must say, that is a fab little project you posted - love it!