Google analytics

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lots of yummies today

Morning!

I told my sweet sister that I would post this recipe for her. It is one of our favorites and so easy to make. You don't need a crock pot for this recipe but it works best that way.

Mexican Chicken in a Pot

1 1/2 lb. chicken breast
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 (4oz) can green chilies
1/3 c. chopped onion
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

8 tortillas
shredded cheese
diced tomatoes
shredded lettuce
salsa

Place chicken in the Crock Pot. In a small bowl combine tomoato sauce, chilies, onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and garlic powder. Mix and then pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. Stir well. Chicken should pull apart into shreds. Spoon onto tortilla and garnish with remaining items.

Oven: Place same ingredients in a 2 quart baking dish. Bake in 300 degree oven for 3 hours or until very tender.


Now how about a project? I got a box from Paper Crafts yesterday and inside I found my copies of Card Creations 6, their newest special issue.
It is loaded with amazing cards. I just love this issue. I poured over it last night while DD was at swimming and I need to look through it again. Anyway I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite cards with you. I made this for the photo card section. I guess the reason I love this card so much is because it shows my two goofballs in all their glory. I don't know what life would be like without laughter and these two make me smile every day. :)

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, that recipe is just what need for these cool fall days! Printing it out as I type.... :) Congrats on the card pub, too!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

I'm just lovin' that card! Oh and that recipe...oh heck yeah...that's right up our alley! I'm printing it as I speak. Have a great week. :)

Susan Beth said...

Recipe looks great. Will have to give that a try. Great job on the pub!

Jenn said...

THat recipe sounds yummy Lisa! I may have to try it! Ok, that card cracks me up! I love it!

Anonymous said...

That sounds beyond amazing! Gonna try that for sure!
My copies of that mag arrived too - always fun to receive new mags!

Marie Starr said...

This sure sounds good! TFS!

PS... I LOVE your blog photo of your girls!

Debbie D said...

Thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to try it. Great card too. I laughed when I saw it, they are just too funny!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Yum, can't wait to try the recipe. And that card...how cute!!!!!!