Google analytics

Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Beginning

Happy 2013 everyone!

It has been a while since I really posted.  Things have been so busy. The girls went back to school today and  the quiet is comforting and eerie at the same time.  I do miss them already but I am looking forward to getting some things done today.  The first being getting back to posting here regularly.

What a wonderful holiday season we had.  We spent Christmas with my in-laws. Sadly I didn't get pictures of everyone because my sweet niece and my brother-in-law were sick. We ended up opening presents in shifts.  The girls made clay recipe card holders for all the women in the family and ornaments for the men.



My girls are getting to an age where buying them Christmas gifts is getting hard.  Neither of them really care a ton about clothes, they don't play video games much and when they do it is usually on their iPod touches and the games they usually download games that are free.  They don't beg or ask for much.  It makes Christmas shopping tough.  DH came up with a wonderful gift idea for them this year.  We were able to get them new Colts jerseys for a great price and then put an envelope below the jerseys. In the envelope were 4 tickets to the December 30th game.  


This is not a posed photo, no... she wore her jersey over her Christmas sweater and skirt for a good part of the day. :)

Lots of games and good food followed. :)

We were home long enough to unpack Christmas presents and then we headed to Indy for the game.  L kept repeating, "This is the BEST Christmas present ever!"  I think the present was a hit! :)


I have been enjoying one of my Christmas presents too. My sweet DH got me a Silhouette Cameo. I am one happy mama! :)  I have spent some time playing with it and have not completely figured it out yet but I have created a few files I am really happy with.  I am using one of them on a layout I am creating for Emma's.  Here is a link to the file I am using today, hopefully this works. :)  You can find it here. I can't share the layout yet but I will when I can. I am still having a lot of problems with the knife tool on the Silhouette. If you can help me, please send me an e-mail! :)

Since we are on a football theme, I thought I would share this layout I created for Emma's Paperie spotlighting Basic Grey. 


You can find the supply list here

Have a wonderful week and I will be back soon!





13 comments:

msmith434343 said...

Cute page!! The pictures you took are awesome and your layout is terrific! My girls went back to school today, too, but off to work I went.

Connie Mercer said...

love the LO!!! looks like you had a happy Christmas and your girls!!!

Izzy Anderson said...

Hi Lisa and happy new year! I love your idea for the girls' Christmas presents. And it looks like it was a big hit, to boot! Adorable photos!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Welcome back, Lisa! I've missed you. :) Isn't it great when you hit on the perfect gift? Family experiences like that are my favorite gift to give.

sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

so fun!

Linda Beeson said...

As the kids get older, those can be the best kind of gifts, a get away together! Fun stuff.

Patty O'Malley said...

Cute, fun layout! Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

You will LOVE your silhouette!! I'm hooked :-) Looks like a wonderful Christmas with lots of fun and happy faces!!! I really love your Lo! Happy New Year sweet friend!

Unknown said...

Fun page Lisa! Great family photos. TFS!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos!! Looks like a great Christmas!! And love love love your lo! LOVING the colors and the title!!

BabyBokChoy said...

It's so wonderful when your Christmas present really hits the spot for the recipient! The Colts are so lucky, lol. Great page too! This might even get me to look at that collection again!

ForgedinPaper said...

Great LO and thanks for the free Cameo file. That was a great idea for a gift. Have a great year.

Audrey Pettit said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful holiday and that you found the perfect gift idea for the girls! Love all the fun photos, and love that layout, too. The photo arrangement is fabulous!