Google analytics

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

We need each other

As the girls grow up I keep preparing myself for the day that they no longer consider each other to be one of their closest friends.  So far, we have been blessed that it hasn't happened.  DH and I started when they were very young trying to instill in them how important their sister is to them.  Even before L was born K started calling her "my baby".  I remember having to leave the two of them for a second when L was about 4 months and so K was almost 2 1/2.  I came back in to find L still in her bouncy seat but K had lined up Little People along the belt. She was sharing with her little sister.  :)  I love the relationship they have.

They are very different in many ways.  K is the diplomat while L is a bit more dramatic.  K is definitely more left brained while L is more right brained.  L has been talking since she was teeny tiny and the language abilities didn't stop there.  She reads constantly and is still very verbal.  K on the other hand does very well in math.  Take yesterday for instance, K needed to come up with definitions for words she already knew but was having troubles putting them down in words. L just whipped out definitions for her while trying to get her math done.  Although L has never enjoyed math like her sister she is a good math student and was placed in the advanced math class this year.  That may take some getting used to.  :)  She was getting frustrated with her math homework yesterday and before I could go over to help K was at her side and had L giggling about something silly.  I just HAD to snap a picture right? :)


Earlier this summer some of our sweet friends from Bloomington sent me a bunch of photos that they had on their camera.  L and L have pretty much been best friends since the day they started 3rd grade.  They had been placed at the same table and hit it off right away. So much so that when the teacher said they were short a few lockers and asked if anyone was willing to share, they volunteered.  The rest is history.  :)  As I was digging through some of these photos I came across some cute ones from a time they had a sleepover. I used the photos to create a layout for Emma's Paperie.


Our assignment was to focus on misting.  I had some old 7 Gypsies tags that have been sitting around for way too long so I decided to use my least favorite to create the tag that is tucked under the right hand side.  I used VersaMark to stamp the polka dots onto the back of the tag and then added clear embossing powder. After heating and letting it cool, I sprayed the entire tag with orange mist.  I also added the orange mist to Thickers, let it sit for a bit and then wiped the excess off to give them the soft orange color.

Hope you all have a wonderful week and thank you so much for stopping by!


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet page! We are working hard to keep our kids tight with each other too.

Audrey Pettit said...

Your stories of your girls remind me a bit of my two kiddos....:) Very sweet! So glad they have each other.
Your page is adorable. Love the clever ways you've used the mist. The soft orange look of the title letters is wonderful. Great use for an old tag you didn't care for either. Now it's adorable. Love the photos and how you've arranged them in the triangle. Very cute!

Connie Mercer said...

what a blessing!!! Love the Lo in every way!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

The girls are so lucky to have each other (and to have you and your DH nurturing a close relationship between them). I love that photo of them together. Love the layout design too. I love looking at all of the perfect details on it.

Izzy Anderson said...

These photos are so sweet and I love your layout. Great design. So many wonderful details. :)

Linda Beeson said...

Nice reason to use those cute pics and I so love spray mists!

Murphy's Law said...

Adorable sweet page. That is so cool they are close.

angie gutshall said...

Great layout! Love that you kids are close!

Patty O'Malley said...

Your girls are so lucky to have each other and I do believe they will always treasure that. The layout is so cute! I love what you did with the tag.

Connie Mercer said...

Hi Lisa~yes I stand when I scrapbook or do crafts. Never have been able to sit:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

My babies are 9 years apart... and I'm not sure if the age has helped or because the boy is the older one and feels a need to protect Brookie :) I love love love your lo!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the colors!!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

I read this and just hope/wish my kids would get along better!!! sigh... Your layout is great and thought the same when i saw it over at emma's

Anonymous said...

Love the page and the pictures are so so cute!!! Its so nice to see two sisters that close I love that!!