Google analytics

Monday, May 7, 2012

Musically inspired

Happy Monday everyone!  It is rainy and dreary here this morning but thankfully it waited until Monday morning.  We were able to enjoy a wonderful, warm, sunny weekend this way.

K had two games Saturday morning instead of one and her sweet best friend was there to cheer her on with us.

Then came Saturday night. Cinco de Mayo.  The night my girls have been waiting for, for months.  The night of the Francesca Battistelli concert.  :)  She was actually playing with Jeremy Camp, an incredibly and well known artist in his own right.  As you can see, we had amazing seats (just 5 rows in back thanks to my in-laws!) Thank you B&G!


But none of that mattered to my girls, they wanted to see Francesca!  :)


As you can see, she is quite pregnant.  I can't imagine having to put on concerts being about 8 months pregnant.  All I wanted to do when I was that far along was sleep!   One of my favorite parts was when her husband came up and played the guitar while she sang "100 more years".  Love the song but I spent most of   my time watching L.  That is her absolute favorite song. Yes, it plays over, and over, and over and over on her CD player.  Who invented the repeat button. LOL


Please check out the song on YouTube.  I don't think you will be disappointed. :)

                      


Wanted to also share another music related item with you today.  Our challenge at Emma's Paperie last week was to create a project based on a song.  I love music, it plays in our house almost continuously.  Since we listen to mostly Contemporary Christian music, so many songs speak to me.  So why was it that I had such a hard time deciding on what song to use?  What inspired and moving song do I end up using you ask?  Our House in the Middle of the Street by Talking Heads.  Yes, that is right. Not the inspired project I was I was envisioning. I am happy with the project though.  I have had this mini album sitting on my desk and have been wanting to scrap the photos of our new house so this was the perfect opportunity.






I do actually plan to do a layout for the girls using the song "The Words I Would Say" by Sidewalk Prophets Love this song.  It says everything to them that I can't seem to put in words.

Enjoy your week.  Hope you can find some sunshine even though you may also be dealing with gray skies.  Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Jody said...

Your house is lovely and so is your mini! Much love <3

Murphy's Law said...

Looks like a great time at the concert! Love the album - its soooooooo cool and very pretty.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

The exterior design of your house is pretty much like mine. :) I've done a page or two about our house but not a fun album like you did. Sounds like you guys had a great time at the concert (although I have to admit I don't know who these people are, LOL!) :)

Margie Higuchi said...

Lovely home, Lisa :) LOVE that mini - miss doing those projects. Great inspiration to start one, no?! LOL! Glad you all had some time to take in a concert - off to listen to the video! Have a great day!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Love your mini album! Your home looks lovely!

Penny said...

Great story about the concert, I bet you all had a blast! I loved your house mini album, beautiful! Love Penny

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwww! I bet that was quite the concert!! And love love love love love your mini!!! BEAUTIFUL colors and loveeeeeeee your home!!

Audrey Pettit said...

We're having lots of gray skies so far this week, too. But sounds like you all had another wonderful weekend. So happy to you all got to go to that concert. :)
I love your little mini, too. Loved the Talking Heads in my day. Think I still remember all the words to that song. :)

Anonymous said...

What a pretty song! And how fun for you guys, I love concerts!!! Your house album is fantastic Lisa!!!

Linda Beeson said...

How sweet is the little album, yeah on the concert!