Google analytics

Monday, November 28, 2011

Holidays

Happy Monday everyone!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I am thankful that everyone was able to make it over to our house even though the flu bug hit.  My sweet nieces were not feeling 100% but we enjoyed the time with them anyway.  Hoping everyone here can stay healthy.  

It is amazing how Thanksgiving seems to instantly get us in the mood for Christmas.  The Christmas tunes are playing on the radio, I have been getting decorations out and I have been messing with my blog a bit to update the theme.  I do like the background but I am not happy with the header.  Will have to play with that a bit more.  The other thing I have been playing with this morning is not really Christmas related but lots of fun anyway.  I may be one of the last to update my browser but I am finally getting up to date.  DH loaded Google Chrome onto my computer and I discovered Pixlr-o-matic.  This is going to be bad news! LOL  I took some pictures of L on the trampoline a couple of weeks ago and here is one I played with this morning.  I can't wait to scrap these. :)

 

Speaking of scrapping, I have been doing a lot more layouts lately.  This layout was so much fun to create. K got a cell phone this summer for her birthday.  She had been wanting one but is such a great kid she didn't beg.  I really do love this about my girls.  We have tried to really instill an attitude of gratitude in both of them, to realize that we are so incredibly blessed and have so much.  I love that they do not beg for a whole lot, but it does make finding gifts for them hard.  I don't mind though. :)   It has been a while since I have had a chance to play with my Sizzix.  I used the Purse, Shoe, Phone set to create the cell phone on the layout. 


Check back in a few days, there will be a new challenge posted at Challenge Me Happy and a new Creative Charms kit for December as well.

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I am really thankful for all of you!  Have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

So cute! I love the colour combination.

Sandie said...

Cute! Bow did we make it without cell phones when we were young? lol

Linda Beeson said...

Love the look of your blog today, so pretty! What an adorable little phone on the layout, cute reason for a layout too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Cuteeeeeeeeeeee photo and love love love the lo!! LOVING the colors!! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Love the new look of your blog! Your layout is adorable!! Love the bright colors and the look on her face when she opened it. Ryan wants a phone already! Oh, and Pixlr?? Major addiction!!!

Stacey said...

Love your "new" blog! Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving! My 14yr. old daughter broke her wrist at a soccer game on Wed. night so we spent the early hours of Thanksgiving at the ER and stayed home for the holiday instead of traveling. Still had fun though!

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone is feeling better and that you had a great Thanksgiving! I love the festive blog colors...I'm so afraid to mess with mine lol!I love the layout and the happy pictures of her opening the phone...so cute!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Sounds like you all had a lovely Thanksgiving! Hope none of you came down with the flu! Hope you share some photos of your Christmas decorations.....you KNOW I love that sort of thing!
Love your adorable layout! Totally rocking the 2-pager here. Your photo arrangement is fabulous and I adore the title. The cell phone die cut is just perfect. Love how you used the labels, too.