Google analytics

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Good Cause

Hi everyone!

So, I was so excited to have the computer guy come yesterday to fix my computer.  He was here for two hours, working diligently to try and fix the problems and here I sit today, still using my iPad to type this post. :(  After all that work, the conclusion he came to...we are going to have to restore it to the factory settings.  :(  He left me with instructions on how to do that after I back up all of my files.  Today I have to figure out today how to A) fix my outlook and then B) How to get all my contacts and old e-mails saved.  Needless to say, my laundry has been neglected. Oh...wait...maybe that isn't because of the computer! hahaha

Anyway, I wanted to post today so I could tell you about something that is dear to my heart.  Every month I post details about a kit that is available at Creative Charms but this one is much different.  Several months ago, I was reading my e-mail when one came through my inbox sent me to the floor.  I found out in that instant that a dear woman by the name of Chris Hertel had lost her battle with cancer.  I knew that Chris was battling cancer but I was not ready for this news.  This news sent me into a tailspin.  I was so heart-broken. 


I got to know Chris through various message boards and our blogs before I ever started designing with her at Creative Charms.  She was a wonderfully creative woman, as well as, a super sweet lady.  In honor of Chris, Creative Charms has put together a special kit for this month called Chris' kit


This beautiful kit includes:
  • Pink 3D Sparkly Butterfly Garden Brads - 12 Pieces
  • Pink Sunflowers - 4 Pieces
  • Violet Vintage Jewels - 12 Pieces
  • Pink Vintage Jewels - 12 Pieces
  • White with Pink Sparkled Flowers - 6 Pieces
  • Pink Sparkled Butterflies - 2 Pieces
  • Pink Sequin and Felt Flowers - 3 Pieces
  • Pink Sheer Flowers - 6 Pieces
All for $9.99.  That is not only a great deal but all proceeds will go to the Susan Komen Foundation.

Speaking of Creative Charms, I have two Halloween cards to share with you. 



You can find tips on making the paper piecing items on these cards on the Creative Charms blog. This images would be cute on a layout too.

Make sure to stop back on Friday for a blog hop we are doing for Creative Charms.  I will be giving away some goodies! 

Have a great week everyone!

9 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Hugs and Prayers for your loss. Good luck with the computer thing. I so glad I'm married to a geek.

Andrea Amu said...

That kit is so beautiful... and so Chris! I really miss her!

Pamela said...

Thanks for sharing this!!! I will definitely go get it! Cute cards too!

Connie Mercer said...

Sweet post~I did not know her but will check CC out~hope you get your computor running, that is so frustrating~:):)

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you dear sweet friend!! That's so sad! Prayers to her family too.

I'm hate computer problems..I signed up for a two year contract when something goes wrong Best Buy logs into my computer and fixes it lol!!

Adorable cards Lisa!! Hugs!

Suzanne B. Webb said...

Hi Lisa,
Long time no see...so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend....there's never a good time to hear news like that....

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a great thing Creative Charms is doing this month! :) Thanks for spreading the news. LOVE your fun Halloween cards. Such cute papers and I love the signs and the paper piecing.

Patty O'Malley said...

Super sweet cards! So sorry to hear about Chris. It is a beautiful kit they put together in her honor.

Terri Davenport said...

I'm so sorry about your friend.