Google analytics

Friday, August 8, 2008

TGIF

Yes, I am glad it is Friday. :) I am really looking forward to this weekend. We get the chance to go visit some friends from college. Every summer we get together with Bob and Tracy and usually two other couples and their families. Sadly, this summer it didn't work out. Between our trips and VBS we were unable to make it when everyone else did. Bob and Tracy have two girls about the same age as Katie and Lauren so they are sure to have a blast. It promises to be a nice relaxing day by the pool.

Sunday afternoon is the ice cream social at the girls' school. We are hoping to get to meet both of the teachers. I am familiar with Lauren's teacher but not Katie's. You would think that with as much time I spend at the school I would know more about her. I am completely clueless about all the fourth grade teachers. Some people would say I am completely clueless about more than fourth grade teachers. Anyway I have heard really good things about both teachers and we have high expectations for a great year.

I don't have any new projects to share since we spent the day at the fair yesterday. (I will hopefully have pictures for you soon) and I tried to finish up laundry last night after the kiddos went to sleep. We are still trying (unsuccessfully) to get them on a schedule for school. So here are a few projects I did for Emma's Paperie this last month.
The first picture is from one our product challenges. We were asked to create a project using a 6 inch tall tea tin.

For this project we were challenged to use lavendar. Not the color I usually use but I am so glad Cindy gave us this challenge. I love to have a reason to step out of my comfort zone once in a while and I am really happy with the results.


Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!!

2 comments:

denine zielinski said...

Oh, Lisa...I love the tea tin the best. I would love to make one of those. It would make an awesome gift! Enjoy your visit with your friends!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Gorgeous projects as always Lisa. :)