Google analytics

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Fall Y'All

I just adore fall. It is my absolute favorite holiday.  I love the cool crisp temperatures and the gorgeous colors.  I am actually more one top of my decorating this year and had all my fall decorations up by the beginning of October.  They just make me feel so happy.

I had to laugh at the saying that I used for my post today.  We have starting hosting a small group for our church at our house on Sunday nights.  The study is call "Not a Fan". We did not know any of the couples before we started meeting, but we all get along so well that after we finish up at 9, many of the couples stick around to talk. This Sunday we started talking about teaching, as it turns out several of us either teach or used to teach.  The conversation turned to schools in the south (I used to teach in TX). One of the women was talking about how she knew she was in the south when her daughter came home with a scarecrow that said "Happy Fall Y'All".  :)  It made me smile at the memories that this simple statement brought back.

There is another new challenge up at Challenge Me Happy.  This is an easy one to participate in, Anything Goes.  For this challenge I decided to focus on my sweet youngest DD.  Middle School has not been easy for her.  I decided that this was something that I really needed to document.  The hardest part was finding a photo to use.  She is such a goofy, happy kid that anytime I pull out the camera, she is in full goofball mode.  I actually snapped this photo on Mother's Day while she was sitting by a pond at a gorgeous park near here. I caught her off guard and got a great picture.


We would love to have you join us for this challenge.  You can use any theme and any embellishments for your layout, as long as it is created exclusively for Challenge Me Happy.  Upload it to the site using the inlinkz link provided by October 14th.  Good Luck!

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

8 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful layout, Lisa! It's so tough when our kids are struggling or not enjoying new experiences. Hugs to you!

Patty O'Malley said...

What a pretty layout, Lisa! I remember how much I hated middle school, too; but I did love high school.

Unknown said...

I love the mix of pink/brown/kraft!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Totally agree with Lisa S.!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee your lo!!! LOVING the butterflies and the hexagons!!!

Pamela said...

Fantastic layout!!! :)

Anonymous said...

An adorable page Lisa! And Happy Fall Y'all cracked me up the 1st time I heaqrd it, and I've been saying it to everyone at work this week and they shake their heads at me lol!! Happy FAll dear friend!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, well.......we say Happy Fall Y'All often here in NC! ;)
So happy you've been meeting such a nice group through your church, Lisa! That's wonderful. But sorry to hear your sweet daughter is going through a rough time in middle school. Mine did, too. I have to say, middle school is really tough on the kids, unfortunately. But high school gets better. LOVE your layout. You were able to capture the perfect photo to go along with your story!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow - what an awesome layout!!!