Google analytics

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Looking for the Brighter Side

Good Morning everyone!

Yesterday morning I dropped L and then got ready to take a trip to Indy to meet my sweet friend Amanda.  I miss her terribly and have been looking forward to this lunch for several weeks.  As I was driving down the highway I was thinking about the day ahead, (where we would have lunch, a few of the stores I wanted to visit, the millions of things I wanted to talk to her about) when my car started vibrating.  I pulled over, got out in the pouring rain on a VERY busy highway to see that I definitely had a flat.  It took 5, yes 5, phone calls to information to find a tow truck to come get my car (I REALLY need to get a smart phone) and then I called Amanda.  Looking back on the day, it was a great day!  I am not being sarcastic I promise.  There are so many things to be thankful for. I am thankful that I was close enough to Indy that Amanda could come get me.  I am thankful we were close to a great restaurant that we could have lunch while we waited for the tow truck.  I am thankful that I got to spend the day shopping with one of the best friends I could ever hope for, while my car was being fixed.  What better way to spend that time?   There are days that you definitely have to strive to look for the good things in life.  I have friends who are dealing with some heavy issues and I would never want to downplay anyone's battles but I do believe we need to look for the good in all situations.  

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."  John 16:33

 So how about a little sunshine on this dreary, winter day?



I also have a layout to share with you today.  Last week the designers for Emma's focused on stickers for our  blog projects.  I will admit, I LOVE stickers.  It makes me laugh because the first thing that pops in my head when I say tha,t is an image of those sticker books I had as a kid.  Did you ever have one of those?  You know, the Lisa Frank sticker books with the glossy pages to collect our stickers in. LOL That makes me smile.


Anyway, my new sticker collection is a bit more grown up (I hope!)  :) I have been scrapping all sorts of photos lately.  Loving looking back and finding photos that have been neglected and need to be scrapped and then doing layouts with brand new photos like these.  Took these photos over New Year's when we visited my in-laws.  I just adore that focal photo!

That cute banner was made using these mixed cardstock stickers by Lily Bee. Of course the title was created using Alphabet Stickers by Webster's Pages. Love, love, love ALL of their alpha stickers.


Lots of yummy stickers on here but these are some of my favorites.  Jillibean Soup has all these great labels that are wonderful for both cards and layouts.  You can find a complete supply list here.



Have a wonderful week everyone!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

It was a great day Lisa! Glad you made it to class.

Terri Davenport said...

I'm glad it all worked out! Love your projects!

Izzy Anderson said...

Your card is DARLING! Super cute layout too. Sorry that you started your day with a flat. No fun. But you're right. There are so many worse things. I love that you were able to look on the bright side.

Connie Mercer said...

such a sweet card but the LO is fantastic. Love how you used the labels~love the look of those on a LO.

angie gutshall said...

That card is so cute! And Your layout is adorable! I'm pretty sure it's the featured layout over at 2peas!! Congrats!

Penny said...

Oh my gosh, YOU have been BUSY! I love the little swimsuit card, and the layout, and it's photos are great also. I can feel your pain about the flat! My mom, daughter and I, planned a trip from TN to PA, bought brand new tires, and less than 1 hour from leaving to go to PA we had a flat, on the interstate, in the pouring down rain. I changed my first tire that day, with my mom holding an umbrella over my head, on the interstate. NOT something I want to repeat! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

So glad you were able to spend time with your friend, Lisa! I absolutely love the card. So cute and creative! Wonderful LO too!

Patty O'Malley said...

I do believe we have to look on the positive side. No matter how bad something is, it can always be worse. I'm glad your day turned out well despite an inconvenience. Love your sweet, cheery card and layout.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry about the flat-- but glad everything worked out :):):):):) I Loveeeeeeeeee your card and that lo!!!! Beautiful work! :):):):):):):):):):):)

BabyBokChoy said...

You have such a wonderful attitude about a less than ideal situation! Yes a smart phone would have been nice then and there, but take heart, at least you have a cell phone!! ;)

Cute projects, adorable little bathing suit and the layout uses PP so so well :)

Audrey Pettit said...

So glad your day ended up to be a great one after that rocky start. Sounds like you had an amazing time with your friend. :) LOVE your projects. That card is just SO cute! Such a happy burst of sunshine, you are right there. And love your layout with the stickers. Webster's does have the best alphas, don't they? :)

Sherry Wright said...

Love how you used the stickers for this challenge! The card rocks.

So sorry about the terrible start to your day, glad it all worked out ok. ((hugs))

Your post made me smile.. I LOVED stickers and had all the Lisa Frank ones. I still have my collection of sticker books and had forgotten about them. Thanks for the reminder. :)