Google analytics

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

If I am being honest

I have been a bit lost lately.  It seems this move has thrown me for more of a loop than I thought it would.  I have not had the desire to scrapbook in weeks. I have all this time and sit and do nothing.  I have neglected my sweet internet friends and their blogs (thank you so much to those of you who have checked in on me) :) I miss my friends from Bloomington terribly.  I am sure that it has a lot to do with the fact that I am used to being very busy and now I have no commitments.  Without volunteering, bible studies, time spent at the schools and book clubs I feel a bit lost. 

Hmm...so what have I been doing?  I have been shopping for patio furniture.  We have a landscaper coming this next week to start on our yard.  It has started getting us to think about our patio.  We have had a VERY small set (two chairs and a tiny) table for over 10 years and would like to be able to eat out on our new patio.  We finally bought a new one, after many days of searching, on Saturday.  I have also been spending time on the treadmill.  There are so many health concerns in my mom's family dealing with heart concerns I really need to make sure that I am walking on a more regular basis.  I have also been getting things in order for the girls for the summer.  They are both going to do several camps this summer. I am also trying to find them a good piano teacher here.  Really, that is about it.  Not a whole lot. 

Today is the last day of school for the girls and I have to say, I am really looking forward to having them home with me this summer.  We now get to live in a neighborhood with a pool again and plan to spend lots of time there.  One of the things I am really looking forward to starts tomorrow.  We are going to be volunteering on Wednesday mornings delivering groceries to elderly people in the area.  Can I tell you how proud I am of my girls?   When I mentioned this idea to them they both jumped up and down like I had just offered to take them to an amusement park for a week.  They really are the best.  :) 

So I said that I have not had a desire to scrapbook but I have actually done a project or two lately.  I created this box for Creative Charms. 



You can find a complete set of instructions on how to create your own flourishes on the Creative Charms blog. While you are there make sure to jump over to the store where you can check out the amazing Deal of the Month.  There is lots of great patriotic bling this month!
.
I also created this little gift card and bag for L's teacher.
.
.
You can find the supply list on the Emma's Paperie Blog

OK, so if you have made it this far you definitely deserve a reward.  I received a box from Scrapbook Trends yesterday with a layout I submitted for the May issue.  Along with the layout they sent an extra issue of the magazine.  I have to say this issue is stunning.  Lots of eye candy in there.  All you need to do is leave a comment and I will pick one lucky winner to get a copy of the May issue. 
.
Thank you so much for stopping by today!!!

8 comments:

deb.bieberich said...

Lisa, praying that things start falling into place for your family in your new community. It takes time for it to become home...and I pray that happens quickly. I have been busy and not read my blogs for a long time. I miss you and my friends at Scrapbook Corner. Hang in there!
Deb Bieberich

Debbie D said...

Sending happy scrapping thoughts your way! I miss you too, and all my friends from Memoirs. Keep smiling ~ Take Care
Debbie D.

thekolbes said...

Lisa, I moved 9 months ago and still get homesick. Hang in there. Your girls and you will have a great summer. Your projects were both wonderful. Hopefully making them will get you back into the groove of creating
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com

Carol said...

Keep your chin up....soon you will be so busy, you'll long for a lazy day again! ;)

Patty O'Malley said...

I'm sure you will soon develop a routine and get used to your new surroundings and people. Things will soon fall into place. Love that box--it is beautiful and the teacher set is so sweet!

Audrey Pettit said...

I'm not surprised you're feeling a little lost right now, Lisa! To be expected, for sure. You've gone through a huge change in your life, and it's ok to just "do nothing" for awhile. Think you are actually recharging your mental batteries, even if it feels like you're not doing much of anything. :)
Your projects are really sweet and pretty. Love the fun summer card and bag for the teacher, and the round box is just beautiful.
Glad summer is kicking in and that you'll have time to hang with your girls. The food delivery thing sounds awesome. Sounds like it will be good for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Hey There sweet friend!! Sorry your feeling the way you do...I understand completely! Sending you happy happy thoughts and a wonderful summer with your family !!! A peitcure from the girls sounds in order lol! You will soon be very busy lol!! I love your creations!! ...Isn't that paper cute? Hugs!! Char

Marie/Mison said...

Hope you´re getting settled during the summer. I can understand that if you´ve been busy, and now aren´t makes things difficult. Lovely altered items you created. Glad to be on the Challenge Me Happy team with you. Looking forward to getting to know you.