Google analytics

Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome Neighbor

Happy Monday everyone!!!
.
OK, so maybe I am not quite THAT chipper this morning. Truth be told, I am exhausted. But it is a good exhausted. I spent the weekend scrapbooking with friends. We stayed up WAY to late for this old body though. I did manage to get 7 cards and a layout done though. That is pretty good considering we also do a lot of talking. LOL I will be able to share some of my projects with you soon.
.
Speaking of crafting have you checked out this month's issue of Crafts N' Things? If you sign up for their newsletter you can even gain access to a whole bunch of free stuff on their site. I have to say, I am loving this issue. All the adorable owls and Halloween stuff has definitely got me in the mood for Halloween already. There are several projects in there that I am dying to try, not to mention the Christmas ideas they have included. I need to start thinking about Christmas ideas and get a jump start on those. The holidays always seem to sneak up on me.
.

.
I have a project I wanted to share with you as well today. I have mentioned before that we live in a new neighborhood. As I type there are workers across the road installing drywall into a brand new home. We had an empty lot next to us until a few of months ago. As of three weeks ago we now have new neighbors. I was talking to them last weekend and she mentioned that she has a hard time keeping track of everyone's names. I shared with her how whenever we move to a new neighborhood, I keep a little notebook with everyone's names. This got me to thinking about the perfect welcome gift. This is what I came up with.
.

.
1. I simply took a journal that I found at Michael's in their Dollar spot and covered it with some of my favorite October Afternoon paper.
2. I then ran one of the cute fences from Magistical Memories through my Sizzix machine using one of the textured templates by Tim Holtz. Man, do I love those things!
3. I then painted it and created the little house to place behind it. The sun is simply the center of the Nesting Circles from Magistical Memories that I painted yellow and added buttons.
4. The cloud was created by printing the sentiment on white cardstock. I lightly drew in the cloud around the sentiment with a pencil and cut it out.
5. I then I embellished it with a few flowers.
.
After I was done I added neighbor's names and addresses to the inside along with their children's names so she could keep everyone straight. Hopefully that will help them feel welcome.
.
Have a fabulous day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a very thoughtful gift-- I'm sure she was thrilled! :)

Nikki said...

That is such a cute project but that textured fence is almost TOOOOO much! Fun on your scrapping time.

Linda Beeson said...

Oops, that last post was not by Nikki, I forgot to sign out from her blog!!! Sorry!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I haven't checked out their newletter but will now, thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

What a perfect gift for a new neighbor!!!! How about a friend too??? Ha Ha!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I just love your little notebook, Lisa, and now how cool to hear how you've used it. Your new neighbor must adore this. It's so pretty and so thoughtful and helpful. Wish someone had done something like that for me when I moved. :)
Can't wait to see your weekend scrappy projects!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

Lisa! OMG!!! This is the cutest thing ever!