Google analytics

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A sad weekend

Hi everyone,

I guess I should explain my title. My dad called Thursday morning and as soon as I answered the phone I knew something was wrong. He proceded to tell me that his brother had gone out fishing that morning (not a big surprise, he is an avid fisherman and spends a great amount of his time on the water) and that their boat had capsized. When emergency workers found them 30 minutes later my uncle was already gone. He had died from a stress induced heart attack. The shock of it all really took me some time to digest. I guess one of the hardest parts was how helpless I felt when my dad called. I wanted to be able to wrap my arms around him. He and my uncle were very close and fished together often. I can only imagine how hard of blow this has been to my dad much less my cousins and aunt. Please keep all of them in your prayers.

Things are getting back to normal. We have one more week of camps and then we are done for the summer. This week L is doing a volleyball camp at the Y. So far she really seems to enjoy it. It probably helps that her best friend is also doing the same camp. :) My parents are coming at the end of the week to celebrate K's birthday with us.

I have a couple projects to share with you today. This first card was created for this month's sketch over at Emma's Paperie. Have I mentioned lately how much I adore that store? Cindy has the best stuff! Anyway here is the card I made for the sketch. You can find the sketch and supply list on the blog. .


This second card I created for the lastest Paper Crafts call but it didn't get picked up. Hopefully a different magazine will show him some love. :) I created the balloons by cutting up some rags I had laying around and stitching them to cardstock. I then stuffed them with a little bit of cotton to give them some dimension.
.

.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope the rest of your week is wonderful!

10 comments:

Jennifer Davis said...

So very sorry to hear about your Uncle...so sad and unfair. Sending you and your family hugs!

Your cards are just stunning!

Jen

Mary Jo said...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. Huge hugs.

Terri Davenport said...

I'm very sorry about your uncle.

Love both your cards!

Linda Beeson said...

Those unexpected calls are pretty hard to handle. Sorry about that lose to your family. LOVE the cards, especially the first one and love to shop at Cindy's store too!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely spectular cards! Maybe my Monster cards will find a home with yours lol !!! I'm glad your parents will be there so you can wrap you arms around him and give him a BIG HUG!!!!! I'm sorry sweetie! I think you and I have had a bad year and it WILL get beter :-). Thoughts and prayers to you and your fammily!

Patty O'Malley said...

So very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

Love both cards.

danni reid. said...

I can NOT tell you how sorry I am to hear of the loss of your Uncle & in that shocking way too, I am so, so sorry & send prayers & all my love! ((((hugs)))) danni

danni reid. said...

oh, and your cards are absolutely the CUTEST. that monster made me giggle out loud, loooooove him!

Audrey Pettit said...

Lisa, I am so,so sorry to hear this news about your uncle. I can only imagine what you all are going through, and I wish there was some way I could give you a big hug right now. You and your family are in my prayers.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful projects. Your Emma's sketch card is so elegant. I adore that butterfly. And your stitched balloons on your monster card are fabulous.

Keshet said...

I'm so sorry for your loss--thinking and praying for his family and your dad.