Google analytics

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

God is watching over our little ones

I know it is true but to see it happening is just awe inspiring. God it good and I just love when you can see a glimpse of the things he has in store for these sweet girls of mine.

So I just completed my second day of Jazzercise today. Man, I feel good but I am sooooo tired (and stinky!) whew! LOL Anybody else out there do Jazzercise? If not, what do you do to keep active. One lady this morning was talking about a Zoomba class she goes to. I have always thought that looks like fun.

The Comcast guy was out working on my computer AGAIN yesterday. That makes 5 times since we moved and 4 in the last month or so. What is so frustrating is that my internet goes down and they can never get out here until 4 or 5 days later. Grrrrr..... Thankfully this time they were coming out for a different problem with our TV and then were able to work on my computer.

Anyway, while he was here working on my computer I decided to work on one of the three boxes that is still left to unpack in my scraproom. I have been putting off unpacking the box with my copies of magazines that I was published in. Why, you may ask? I have decided that when I die my girls are going to look at this stack of magazines and wonder what in the world their crazy mother was doing saving these magazines and toss them. SO I have started putting a white label on the cover of each of them with the pages my work is on. I figure that way at least they can look at the projects one last time before the toss them. LOL

Here is the fun part! While I was going through those magazines I realized that there are several that I have multiple copies of. Here's what I've got:



Memory Makers Idea Gallery


Paper Crafts July/August 2009 (that is my Wishing You card on the cover!!!)



Before I started designing for Emma's Paperie I worked on with Cindy,the sweet owner of Emma's Paperie, on two of her books. I just love all the art work in this one. :)



Be Mine Book (2 copies)

.
.
.

So here is how you can get one of these magazines. It is simple really. We have been so busy lately with sports after school that I feel we have fallen into a dinner rut. Just leave me a comment telling me what your favorite meal is to make when you are in a hurry. Feel free to leave me a recipe if you want. Also, if one of these magazines appeals to you more than the others, feel free to leave me a note about that too. I will draw names next Tuesday.

You can click on most of the titles to get a little peek as to what is in each issue. There's really some amazing work in these issues.
.
If you know me, you know I cannot leave you without sharing a project. So today I have a card to share with you. I created this sketch for Emma's Blog a week or two ago.

.




Here is my card based on the sketch.



Make sure you check out the Emma's Paperie Blog for everyone else's take on my sketch. (You may have to scroll down a little as I am behind on posting!) Sorry :(
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

ellen s. said...

i started px90 so wish me luck! i will check out jazzercise, it sounds fun.

meal...one thing i do for quick marinated chicken is when i get it at the store {i buy it in bulk} i separate it into larger freezer bags by portion {in 3's for our family, yours may be diff} and then i pour the marinade in the bag and then freeze them...that way when they are thawing while i am at work,they are marinating.

I am part of a Breast Cancer Crop in October and if you have any more lying around we could use some Door Prizes...TFS!

Lydia said...

OK, love love that little sunshine card super cute!!

My favorite quick meal is the burrito, I always have frozen beef on hand, and that can go straight in to the fry pan and you break it off as it cooks. While that is cooking I cut up,lettuce, tomatoes onions, peppers, pull out the sour cream and salsa, pre shredded cheese is a time saver throw it all on the table with some wraps and everybody makes their own.

The best part, the only dishes are the plates bowls and 1 fry pan.

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say Happy b-day and your work and blog is so great , so much to read and be inspire from!
I love the Paper Crafts July/August 2009 but shipping to Israel is not so cheap LOL

about the meal ...for me the easy and the fastest thing is pasta or rise and making hot-dogs cover with eggs
for the pasta - cook some onion and when they have the gold color put the pasta in and cook it all together for 10 min. for the hot-dog - slice the hot-dog to slice fry them and when the look ready pour live scribbled eggs and it will all going to look like a big omelet with slice of hot gods in it...
Sorry about my bad English

Have a great day!
Lilach Oren

Linda Beeson said...

hmmmm- I have all of those mags except the Scrapooks Etc. Love the sketch and your card.

Sherry Wright said...

Happy belated 40th Lisa, love all the passes the girls gave you! Love you lo & Emma's projects, wonderful as always. :)

No need to enter me into the magazine drawing, but a quick meal I do is grilled cheese, tacos, or frozen pizza, lol. ;)

connie said...

cute card! a quick meal for meal me is Spaghetti and meat sauce. I would love the Paper Crafts magazine.

Terri Davenport said...

I love your card! Activity wise, I either walk or do the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels.

Wish i could help you out with the dinner rut, but we're in one of our own. Love the magazine label idea!

Anonymous said...

Don't enter me, but just wanted to say hi...

We eat a lot of quick meals w/ chicken: homemade chicken noodle soup, quesadillas, chicken & rice, etc. Also, to change it up, I sometimes glaze on different types of salad dressing and bake them that way. yummy :)

Robyn Schaub said...

You can enter me!! I'd love the Memory Makers Idea Gallery, but I'd be happy with any of them (except Scrapbooks Etc. July/Aug 09 which I already have).

As for the workout, I don't really do much of anything, but I need to start. I'm glad to hear you like Jazzercise. I've always wanted to try that.

Anonymous said...

I am alergic to exercise!!! I know...it makes me feel better lol!!Wonderful creations Lisa!!! So inspiring!!!

Stacey said...

Hi Lisa! Sounds like a fun class, jazzercise! We love salmon burritoes! I cook salmon in the oven first (350 for 30 minutes). Then I cook it a couple more minutes with a little olive oil in an electric skillet. That way I can break it up into pieces. I butter one side of a burrito shell and place it in the skillet. After a minute I add some salmon, pinto beans, tomatoes, cheese and green pepper. Then I fold over one side. I cook it another minute until it is slightly browned. The kids love it! We also like pepperoni rolls. I get sub roll and add pepperoni slices, provolone cheese and mozerrella cheese. Cook it at a 250 until crispy. It's quick and easy!

Lisa said...

My workout routine varies but usually involves cardio and weights...just go about it different ways. I like to keep things mixed up.

One of my quick go-to meals is blackened chicken pasta. Saute chicken and lots of veggies with blackening seasoning while pasta cooks. Use store bought alfredo sauce diluted with skim milk to lighten it up AND make it go further. Mix all together adding extra blackening seasoning if you wish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and you have a quick, balanced and tasty meal in about 15-20 minutes.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Look at all those magazines, girl! And I know that's only the tip of the iceberg! How cool is that?
Love that you're doing some sketches, too. Those are always so fun. Love the card you created.

Sarah Mullanix said...

My very quick (& healthy) meal that I usually make on nights that we have games or practices (which at the middle school level is every night now and even weekends...uugghh)
only takes 15 minutes. I boil any type of pasta while broiling some chicken breast at the same time. I throw a bag of frozen veggies in the microwave (depending on the size of the bag could take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes) and mix all three together on a giant dish and you've got a healthy 15 minute dinner for everyone.

Also, I favor the Scrapbooks Etc.
August/September 2009 magazine.

And I'm so sorry I missed your birthday, Happy 40th!!!!

-Sarah Mullanix