Google analytics

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The sound of sweet giggles

I love hearing those sweet little giggles float up from the basement where my girls play with their friends. :) This weekend we had the neighbors over for a cookout and then the kids all stayed the night. After dinner the kids went downstairs to watch a movie and the adults played cards. It was so much fun, I hope we can do it again soon.
.
I can't believe it is only Tuesday and I am already tired. After taking L to gymnastics last night we met with K's teacher. I can't say enough how much I love this woman. They are doing so many great things in that class and she is so caring and on top of things. Take for instance the conference last night, she likes to meet with the parents early so she can get a feel for her students before we get too far into the year. Love that!
.
Tonight we get our hair cut right after school (woohoo!) and then we meet with the girls' dentist after that. He wants to put a second retainer in K's mouth for her bottom teeth. Not sure I am ready for ANOTHER retainer!
.
OK, enough about our busy life. I do want to share some cards with you today. The first is a card I made using the most recent color inspiration photo on the Emma's Paperie Blog. I just loved the summery yellows and gorgeous blues and browns.
The next card was created for the Card-a-licious challenge blog. Our challenge this week was to create a friendship card using the colors pink, orange and green.
The final card I want to share with uses some of the adorable new chipboard from Magistical Memories. When I saw this cute little octopus I knew exactly what the card had to say. The inside of the card says "I am here for you. "
Hope the rest of your week is amazing. Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

I just love your cards Lisa. That octopus is just darling.

How wonderful that you love the teacher. I'm not sure if I'm so fond this year but we'll see. ;)

Molly said...

I just adore your cards, my friend! :D So glad that you had a wonderful weekend! :D

Stacey Michaud said...

Love each and every one! Especially the octopus! It sounds like you guys have adjusted beautifully to your move!!!

Mary - said...

beautiful cards - love the octopus, so super cute! thx for the fab inspo & have a wonderful day!! :) smiles, m-

Jody said...

You always make the most creative, beautiful cards :)

Norma Kennedy said...

Beautiful cards...u r very talented and ur girls are soooo Pretty !
Norma

Pamela said...

Awesome cards!!!

lisa dickinson said...

you so rock the cards, girl! love, love, LOVE the octopus one - darling!!!

Marcie said...

Great cards, especially love the octopus!

Mary Jo said...

So cute!! Your octopus card is such a clever idea, I love it! Adorable projects! And I totally agree abaout the giggles! Something about the sound of children laughing just makes your day! =)

Hilary Kanwischer said...

What fun, fun cards!! :) Have a great week!!